4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 1:32 PM by Jamil Snead

This is a horrible website

Andrew Kronquist

After struggling with this website for almost an hour, and can honestly say I hate it, and whoever designed it.

• Re: This is a horrible website
          Jamil Snead

I didn't like it at first either, but if you give it longer than an hour (say a couple days) you will get used to it.

Jamil Snead

I don't think the new forum requires "work arounds", I just said it takes getting used to. Why? Because it is a new layout with new features, and everything new takes getting used to. If SW adds a new feature to its software, like the <any new command> in 2015, it takes some getting used to before you are comfortable with it because you have never used it before. Does that mean SW should never add new features because you don't want to have to learn anything new? Maybe that's why they are focusing on icon colors, because anything more complicated and you'll complain about having to get used to it.

Response edited to remove reference to Beta software.

Joe Kuzich

Sorry man I didn't mean to offend.  Your right, new things do take getting used to. It just seams like there is a lot of frustration over changing things that didn't seam broken to begin with.  Of course they should add new features that do take getting used to, but it would also be nice if they were well tested before releasing them.  Anyway, I deleted my post, I really didn't mean to offend.  I just found it funny given how many email notices I have been getting about website stuff not working or hard to find or how do I do this it was really easy before, etc.

Jamil Snead

I understand, and I think I sounded harsher than I meant to in my reply. I think the thing that struck a lot of people's nerves with the forum is that everyone was forced to re-learn and get used to it overnight. It wasn't a gradual change. But I think that it really wasn't that trouble to learn the new format of the forum and people should give it a few days before finalizing judgement. If you have been using the new forum for a while and still don't like it, then you are definitely entitled to that opinion.