I am trying to get my head around Revisions in EPDM.
To clarify my understanding can anyone tell me if my following understanding is right/wrong.
- There is an internal Revision scheme within EPDM, which I am calling Local Revisions as that is what is displayed in my task pane.
- This revision scheme is automatically incremented via the Inc. Revision command in a transition
- This variable cannot be mapped to a data card
- It can be used for files that do not have a data card, eg PDF, work docs, non-SW files etc
- Do I need to use this Rev scheme, can I just use my SW Revision variable (see below)
- This is a revision scheme I have created based on the variable Revision that I have set up within EPDM and use throughout my SW files.
- This variable can be mapped to a data card
- This variable can be incremented via the Set Variable-next revision command
- This variable is not changed via the Inc. Revision command in a transition
- Used for SW files only
Is there anyway to map the SW Revision to the Local Revision
- I have a file I want to push through my workflow
- The file already has the SW Revision Variable set to B but the Local revision is blank
- When pushed into a state called concept, I want both the Local Revision and the SW revision to be B
I have found a way to do this using a mass of transitions and states to define each possible rev and using multiple Inc. Revision commands, but this seems messy.