3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 8:49 AM by Rob D

Templates to MS Word

Rob D

I have to be missing something in building these templates. I've set it up using different guides and used about 10 different sources and it's still not putting the user input into the field in the file. The field in the file remains as the original default.

VariableInput1.png

This is the variable I have being mapped through the EPDM templates. The attribute name is identical in MS word through the DocProperties

VariableInput2.png

Here is the setup in the Template:

VariableInput3.png

VariableInput4.png

VariableInput5.png

The last image is showing what is produced by the template.

Is there a setting or step that is missed in 10+ guides, walkthroughs, instructions, etc online that I'm missing? Is there a practice to this that has gone completely over my head here?

Thank you,

Rob

• Re: Templates to MS Word
          Stephen Lapic

I looked at what I have and the only thing that I see that is different is that the variable listed in the "edit template" and the "edit template file" windows should be EPDMInput and t_EPDMInput instead of Status and t_Status.  I used the same name variables throughout, plus it is case sensitive - or at least this is what I had done and it worked.

Rob D

I was playing around and used Status at first (and t_Status) to try to get it to work but that wasn't listed under DocProperties. So, I switched the mapping to the EPDMInput and left the names as Status for now. I'll try completely from scratch working with an EPDMInput and see if it will do anything.

Dev server, allows for some flexibility and playroom in naming

Thank you,

Rob

Rob D

Stephen,

Set up everything again and it's working now. Not sure why it wasn't before or what I've done since.

One difference I did do this time was add the variable to my file card (doc) and put the user input into the file name. I did this so I could see where any disconnects were but, it worked.

Thank you,

Rob