2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2015 12:22 PM by Raymond Lemaire

macbook pro retina  lag

Fernando Rojas

tengo una macbook pro retina y solidworks me va muy lento , al extruir un simple cubo tarda mucho en moverse  tiene mucho lag,  tengo 8gb de ram y un procesador intel i5.  los juegos los corre de maravilla y a full.

alguien que me pueda ayudar .

saludos

• Re: macbook pro retina  lag
          Jerry Steiger

Google Translate says:

"I have a macbook pro retina and solidworks me going very slow, to extrude a simple cube takes too long to move has much lag, I have 8gb of ram and an intel i5 processor. the game runs great and full."

Some people report that they are able to use a MacBook Pro Retina for SolidWorks. The main problem they have is menu problems because they have to increase the font size and SolidWorks does not scale the boxes properly for the large characters. I don't know what they are doing that you are not.

You should probably check the "More Like This" box to the right, particularly the thread https://forum.solidworks.com/message/410906#410906.

Jerry S.

• Re: macbook pro retina  lag
            Raymond Lemaire

It is an old thread that came up in a Search.

Windows can't handle the high resolution screen especially when Menu tabs are involved; they are the wrong size, partly off the screen making resizing difficult, and generally promoting bad langua.

The best coping method is to plug in large external monitors.