1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 4, 2014 5:11 AM by Tomas Minarik

Solidworks 2012 SP5 completely freezes when rotating

Tomas Minarik

Hello,

I have issue with rotating in assembly. Sometimes when I rotate an assembly SW completely freezes. It happens more than 20 times a day.

Computer is obviously working for a while but after few minutes it stops working and on the screen is sign that program is not responding and options "Close the program" or "Wait for the program to respond".

I have tried a lot of things and nothing helped.

Last thing I tried was installing SW2014 SP3 and there was no problem with rotating. But my customers demand data in SW2012 version. I also tried to use mode with Open GL and it worked fine.

I am in touch with support but they no idea what should I do.

I have Windows 7 64-bit, Dell Precision M2800 (8 GB RAM, Intel core i7, certified graphic card Firepro W4170M).

Can anybody help me or suggest any possible solution? I have no idea what I should try else. I am sorry about my english.

Thank you, Tomas

• Re: Solidworks 2012 SP5 completely freezes when rotating
          Tomas Minarik

Finally solved. Whenever I unistalled graphic card driver and restarted computer, MS Windows started automatically downloading the newest graphic card driver without noticing me and installed it. So when I installed certified drivers it never installed. I had to disable graphic card, block wifi, uninstall driver, restart computer and after that I could succesfully install supported (tested) driver.