4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2014 11:16 PM by Mark Biasotti

replace face.

Jack Uyat

replace face command doesnt work. I am trying solid works help replace face sample it doesn't work either.

• Re: replace face.
          Mukesh Prasad

Can you elaborate a little more so people here can help? Just saying Replace Face does not work is not giving us too much to work with. Maybe you can attach your file and tell us what face you are trying to replace and with what part need to be the replacement surface.

Jack Uyat

Mukesh Prasad

@Thank You very much for your quick response,

I am trying to replace the wavy surface part to the round part same like solid work replace face sample.

I saw on the you tube it was very simple, but I can not make it.

Thanks again

Jack

Frank Krockenberger

Jack,

Make sure that the replacement face is larger that the face you are replacing.

Frank

Mark Biasotti

Hi Jack,

Replace face usually works best when you replace one face for one surface face. Sometimes it works for replacing two or more faces but rarely. It is one of the most important tools in m SW arsenal and you will see tons of replace faces in my models. BTW, the replacement face DOES NOT have to be larger than the face you are replacing; that is the beauty of this tool in that it automatically extends the tool face's boundaries when doing a replace. If you need some help show is what you are trying to do.

Mark