4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 2:46 PM by Jamil Snead

Forum - Home Page

Nathan Rollins

We want to have the ability to customize our Home Page to see quickly what we are interested in.

And the ability to tone down the "ease of use" bit when we do not consider ourselves Novices at using the forum...2014-08-07_11-52-55.jpg

• Re: Forum - Home Page
          Glenn Schroeder

I like having the link to the Discussion page, but I don't know why it's so big.

Jamil Snead

At first I thought those giant boxes were obnoxious, but then I just figured that the homepage was for noobs who first came to the site. I spend all my time in my inbox, or you could just spend your time on the content page. What is there on the home page that makes you want to use that instead of the other personalizable areas?

Nathan Rollins

Jamil - not a bad suggestion / question.  I guess you are mostly right.  I see myself going "Home" less and less as I get familiar with the layout and navigation.  I still go there because it is the only place I have found yet that has the "Ask A Question" box - And I don't know of any other way (yet) to start a new thread.  Not a big deal, I know.

But, my main reason for this request was that I want to be able to log in and be put into a page that I am familiar with and has content that I define.  Google used to have iGoogle and I loved it and they took it away.  Solidworks forum used to have it and they took it away...

Jamil Snead

Yeah you are right about those things. It's annoying to me because I bookmarked my inbox, but at the beginning of the day when I go to the link I get an error about not being logged in, but it doesn't automatically send me to the login page. I have to click the login link at the top right and then log in, and then it takes me to some random page, and then I have to click on my inbox. I guess I need to bookmark a different page.