AnsweredAssumed Answered

Draftsight has stopped being able to print to our HP 42" plotter.

Question asked by Shaun Drage on Aug 7, 2014

This is my first post on this forum, I have used it in the past to find the answer to my questions/problems with Solidworks. I now have a problem with Draftsight which I just can't find the solution to. I think I'm in the right place, please forgive me if I'm wrong, and point me in the right direction.

I have been using Draftsight for a couple years now for me 2d needs, mainly for our extensive archive collection of DWG's. I now have an issue printing to our networked HP42" plotter. Draftsight used to work OK to our plotter, I don't know what has changed or when it may have happened, but recently, although the plotter is still showing as an available printer, if I select it, the print preview is not shown and nothing is printed. If I select any other printer on the network, I get the print preview as expected and the drawing is printed OK. I have uninstalled then re-installed Draftsight but still have the same issue. Solid Works 2014 will print to the plotter without any problem. This has been driving me mad for a month or so now and I would welcome any advice in solving it. Thank you all in advanced.

Outcomes