0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2014 1:43 AM by George Lester

How can I change a view's orientation to "Flat pattern" or resolve this issue I'm having with CreateFlatPatternViewFromModelView3.

George Lester

So I've used the API to write a procedure which creates a drawing for each body in a part. It works like this:

* Loop through each body folder

* Select the first body in the folder

* Create a drawing

* Add a view for this body.

* Save and close the drawing.

This is working fine.

I have just tried to expand this so that it uses a flat pattern views for the bodies with a flat pattern. I've tried using CreateFlatPatternViewFromModelView3 and it works for the first view it creates, but I get an error when I try to work with the next IBodyFolder object. Specifically:

The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010108 (RPC_E_DISCONNECTED))

The error happens at IBodyFolder::GetBodies() but the error is produced when I try to access any of the IBodyFolder methods.

Is SolidWorks cleaning something up before I'm done with it? How do I avoid this error? Or how do I go about doing this another way? It would be easier if I could just use the API to set the "Flat pattern" orientation once I've created the view.

Many Thanks,

George