4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 10:31 AM by Bill Stadler

"Always use latest version" not working

Steve Hungerbuehler

Hi everyone,

We recently updated SolidWorks and EPDM to 2014. Apart from the usual crashes and other bugs, it appears to be working alright for the most part. However, there's one very annoying issue. Whenever our users open an assembly, SW opens the referenced file versions and not the latest ones. As soon as the assembly is checked out it loads the latest version, but I need it to get the latest version if the assembly is being opened in read-only mode as well. This used to work perfectly well in 2013...

The option "always use latest version" is enabled. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Steve

• Re: "Always use latest version" not working
          Steve Hungerbuehler

Update:

It seems that the problem has already fixed itself. Heh.

What I did was to disable the new option to allow retrieval of earlier versions even when "always use latest version" is active. I'll have to do some further testing but it now seems to open all files in their latest versions as it is supposed to. Strange! The new "flexible" option actually sounded like a good idea.

• Re: "Always use latest version" not working
              Bill Stadler

I hear you.  I played around with the retrieval of earlier versions when it first came out and had the same issue.  It did not work the way I imagined and would cause a lot of confusion when you have over 70 users.  I currently have this turned off but intend to do some testing with a handful of our users.  I have been meaning to try it in Beta as well to see if anything has changed.