2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2014 10:56 AM by Matthew Wright

Break drawing references (EPDM)

Matthew Wright

Hello all,

I've been experiencing an annoying problem with EPDM where I have parts calling up drawings that are no longer used.

Please see below for example:

Capture.PNG

Part 230977 shows three drawings referencing it and the problem is that drawing 230783 at version 1 referenced this part but now no longer needs too and I can't seem to break this link.

• I have tried rolling back the drawing but it can only be rolled back to version 1 which still has the reference.
      • I cannot delete the drawing as we have a finite set of numbers that is assigned by EPDM.
      • This causes the biggest headache when approving parts as it will call up all 3 drawings and drawings that are just spare numbers are getting approved.

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks,

Matthew

• Re: Break drawing references (EPDM)
          Bill Stadler

We have seen similar issues in the past.  I am not 100% sure but I think we resolved it by going to File Open, click on the drawing, select References and double clicking on the wrong reference and then selecting the correct one.  It has been a quite a while so the steps listed might not be exact but it is somewhere to start,

• Re: Break drawing references (EPDM)
              Matthew Wright

Thanks Bill,

I am familiar with this problem you are describing but unfortunately doesn't fix my problem.

Having a bit of a play around it seems that the drawing 230783 and part 230977 were imported into EPDM with the drawing reference already in place at version 1, this means that rolling it back doesn't help because as soon as I check it out to remove the data out of the drawing, checking it back in makes it go to version 2 (or 4 in this case).

Regards,

Matthew