Today we observe the Civic Holiday (Simcoe Day) in Ontario, the weather is stuffy.., so it is a good time to complete some missions, get points and earn badges on the new SolidWorks Forum. The ultimate fun for me...
Let me tell you what I learnt so far:
1. You do no longer get 1 point per post. So writing a lot and posting a lot, does no longer matter. You keep the old points earned by writing a lot, though.
2. Not sure if getting a "correct answer" gives you any points (it used to be 4 points per answer). Fortunately, getting points is not the reason why Deepak is helping all of us. Otherwise, we will miss a great resource.
3. You can get a lot of points by completing missions. They are great for providing incentives to new users to learn the interface. And guess what? From this point of view, there is no difference between me and a new user. Both of us have to learn the use of the new interface. That being said, once you learn the interface, there is no other point in completing missions. I hope that we will not see every month new missions appearing just to keep the gamers happy.
4. Once you complete a mission you get a badge. These might be great for getting gamers interested in the SW forum, but otherwise, not so sure.
5. I can pick 3 badges to add to my profile. My favorites show that I am capable to add a comment, ask a question and add a tag. Is great that I need to login to the forum every so often, so my 10 login/month badge is assured.
6. I will be about 85 year old when I will achieve Level 9. I hope that I can leave all the points to my son, so his grand-grand children will have a shot at getting to level 10.
Feel free to add to this list if you discover more goodies.