12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2015 9:02 PM by Brian Rockwell

SolidWorks EPDM and Infor PLM

Aaron Godwin

We are looking at upgrading to SW EPDM, and have been in need of this for a while. We are also adding Infor PLM to go along with it. How good are these packages at interacting with each other?

We currently use Workgroup and with this upgrade will be connecting multiple locations, so you can see how much fun this is gonna be.

I know a little about EPDM and nothing about Infor PLM, what are some pitfalls what should I be looking out for?

Thanks in advance...

• Re: SolidWorks EPDM and Infor PLM
          Pete Yodis

Do you know why Infor PLM was chosen?  Just curious.

Jeroen Buring

For what it is worth, in Europe we have various customers that have integrated to Infor LN with EPDM. LN handles the Items and Production BOM's, EPDM the Engineering BOM's. They transfer between the 2 systems, One Customer that is using this is called Niles Simmons Hegenscheidt in Chemnitz Germany.

In europe we do not have that much Syteline in use at customers...

Greetings from Germany!

Jeroen Buring

Shawn Casebolt

We are looking at different systems and yesterday seen a demo of Infor Syteline. 

Did you guys implement this system?  Does anyone have any experience with it?

The reps were saying that it can generate 3d models based on rules.  However they were not really clear on what file types it uses, how it interacts with SW etc...  This of course has me concerned.  We also do a lot of sheet metal work and I fear that it will not generate sheet metal flat patterns etc..

Can anyone explain to me how this works? Are there any 3d models generated from Sytleine that someone would be willing to share? For reference we use EPDM & SW 2015.

Brian Rockwell

Shawn, a toolkit is installed on the client workstation to handle the 3D model and the drawing.  Those are sent based in the criteria you set in PLM and it can either be managed in SW or in PLM.  Once you have satisfactorily created your BOM, that can be attached to a workflow and sent through the ECO process for release to SyteLine.

I will say the same I said to Aaron - I can demo how PLM interacts with SL to show the functionality.

Thanks,

Brian

Rockwell Consults

http://rockwellconsults.com

Brian Rockwell

Aaron, I might have a solution for you.

My company is dedicated to implementing Infor PLM discrete and have handled many accounts with SyteLine 8 and 9.  In a nutshell, here are the basic capabilities PLM provides:

• Interfaces directly to SL to handle BOM transfer from SolidWorks through PLM to SyteLine.
                  • Interfaces with SolidWorks to possibly replace ePDM with a more robust PLM solution. I will qualify that by saying ePDM being the system it is and made by Dassault Systemes is of course going to work fantastic with SolidWorks which PLM from Infor cannot match.  However it does a decent job and we might be able to work out the possibility of actually using both systems and getting the best of both worlds.
                  • Infor PLM is CAD neutral and can work with other CAD systems, even disparate CAD versions, as long as they are not on the same client.
                  • Provides a robust workflow engine that can incorporate the business outside of the engineering department for faster product turnaround times and fewer errors.
                  • PLM can also manage your documentation (drawing and part files) inside PLM and still have them visible to SyteLine through Doc Track.

These are only a few of the highlights.  If you would like more information, head to my website and we can look at a demo of Infor with SyteLine.

Thanks,

Brian

Rockwell Consults

www.rockwellconsults.com