3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2014 10:05 AM by Peter Cram

Setting Trailing zeros in dimension styles

Phillip Haley

As a company we use the number of decimal places to indicate a tighter genral tolerance on detail drawings. So a dimension X.00mm would be a tighter tolerance than just Xmm.

I would like to set up a dimension style that shows 2 decimal places with trailing zeros shown, I could then set the basic dimension style to have 'smart' trailing zeros in 'Options' and then set any dims that need a tighter tolerancer using the dim style.

At present I can only manage to set the basic dimension style to give me 2 decimal places with trailing zeros shown which then means I have to change most of my dimensions to show fewer decimal places. Alternatively I can set the decimal places in 'options' to be zero with trailing zeros shown and use a 2 decimal place dimension style but I run the risk of missing any dimensions that are not whole numbers as anything after the decimal point does not appear.

• Re: Setting Trailing zeros in dimension styles
          Mohamed Tarek

may you wanna  see this options to choose from :

(In a drawing, click Options  (Standard toolbar), select Document Properties, and then select Dimensions)

• Leading zeros
          1. Standard               Leading zeros appear according to the overall drafting standard.
          2. Show                    Zeros before decimal points are shown.
          3. Remove                Leading zeros do not appear. 

• Trailing Zeros
          1. Smart                        Trailing zeros are trimmed for whole metric values, conforming to ANSI and ISO standards.
          2. Standard                   Trailing zeros appear according to the ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard.
          3. Show                        Trailing zeros are displayed according to the decimal places you specify for Units.
          4. Remove                      Trailing zeros do not appear. 
          • Re: Setting Trailing zeros in dimension styles
            Peter Cram

You can set the dimension to either 2 place or 3 place or any other in the dimension dialog box. See pictures. Click the style buttom to add(star with plus)

2 PLACE.JPG3PLACE.JPG