8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2014 3:08 PM by Jerry Steiger

indicator relocate follow view

Jack Tan

i add a number (check point) near to a dimension.

i prefer this number attach to the dimension so when i relocate the view, number follow.

how to do it in Solidworks ?

as u see, picture at right, after i relocate the view, number not follow relocate.

i like this number follow relocate automaticary.

jack

ScreenHunter_402 Jul. 22 13.54.jpg  ScreenHunter_403 Jul. 22 13.55.jpg

• Re: indicator relocate follow view
          Jamil Snead

Select the number and cut it (ctrl+x), then click anywhere inside the view and paste it. Now it should move with the view. Whenever you create a new note that you want to move with a view you need to place it within the view bounding box and then it will automatically move with the view.

However I don't think you can attach the number directly to the dimension (because of the hex border), so if you move the dimension within the view then you will also need to move the number.

Glenn Schroeder

Jamil Snead wrote:

However I don't think you can attach the number directly to the dimension (because of the hex border), so if you move the dimension within the view then you will also need to move the number.

Actually you can.  Place the notation where you want it in relation to the dimension, Ctrl+select them both so they're highlighted, then Group them with the Group function on the Align toolbar.  They do both need to be attached to the same drawing view.  After doing this they should move together.

Jack Tan

thank you guys. i have tried all your suggestions. i only ablw to fins align tool, not able to group it.

i found a way, after i make block ,number with dimension,  the frame of view became larger because of include 1st number.

then following number place inside this frame ( view) will be able to move  together.

as you can see, left frame with out block, right frame was make block with 1st number.

everything in the frame move with the frame. the circle not move because it is out of frame.

ScreenHunter_405 Jul. 23 09.34.jpgScreenHunter_404 Jul. 23 09.33.jpg

Jerry Steiger

Jack,

Before you add note you can "Lock View Focus" to make sure that it stays with the view you want. As I recall, you right click in the view area and then select "Lock View Focus". The disadvantage to using this method is that you have to "Unlock View Focus" or choose another view and "Lock View Focus" again to change which view notes get attached to.

If there are notes that you want to be attached to the Sheet and not to any particular view, you can right click in an area on the sheet but away from any views and pick "Lock Sheet Focus".

Jerry S.