I've perfomed a non linear simulation of a valve seal compression.
These are the results.
Suppose there's a fluid leak on the right side, as shown in this picture:
This is what will happen:
- fluid will enter the seat
- it will apply pressure to the seat and the rubber seal
- seal will deform and change its shape
- more zones of the seal (anche the seat) will be subject to pressure
- pressure will deform the seal
- new seal shape will determine new pressure distribution
Is there any way to simulate this with non linear analisys ?
the big problem here is that you don't know in advance what regions/faces of the seal will be pushed by fluid pressure and also seal deformation changes faces/regions that are subject to fluid pressure.