I appologize if this has been discussed. Most discussion I've seen are close but not quite what I'm looking for.
We have had SolidWorks since 1998... back when the parts and assemblies had .prt and .asm extensions.
I want to use dispatch to rename those files with the current SolidWorks extensions .sldprt and .sldasm.
I've seen examples of using dispatch to add to a file name, but is there a way to remove text from a file name...
I figured it out (this always happens... I work all day on it > give up > go to forums > start new topic > figure it out > cancel topic )
I used variables to first find PRT, then another to collect the text to the left of it, then another to add SLDPRT.
Retrieving data ...