4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2014 2:37 PM by robert dattilo

Voting on SPR ?

robert dattilo

Hello;

In voting for the SPR'S there's a category, which says; WHY DO YOU NEED THIS FUNCTIONALITY? It has a star by it & says

its required, but won't let me input anything. Has anyone run into this in trying to vote for a SPR?

Thks in advance;

Rob_D SW 2014 Sp3

• Re: Voting on SPR ?
          Deepak Gupta

Check this post for other way of voting: https://forum.solidworks.com/message/384082#384082

robert dattilo

Hello Deepak;

To me the first option seems to just allow you to search for it  and get a notification if the SPR is implemented. It doesn't

seem to allow you to actually vote on it. In the second option they have the option to (Save details and vote for this enhancement request), but It has two boxes for why do you need this functionality. In the lower box you can write, but in the other box, (which you wonder why two boxes for the same question), an error comes up Please enter the value for Product Version in Use, when you try to save & vote.

Is the SPR fix voting buggy?

Thks,

Rob_D

Deepak Gupta

Have you checked this reply from Robbie Liotta

Robbie Liotta wrote:

Hi Paul,

You raise an excellent question. Both options are similar and allow you to vote, but there are some differences. Option 1 applies to voting for SPRs for software issues / bugs and SPRs for enhancement requests which appear in search results of the Knowledge Base. Option 2 only applies to Enhancement Requests found within the Enhancement Request area of the Customer Portal where SPRs for software issues /bugs are filtered out. Both options provide email notifications.

robert dattilo

Hello Again;

I went ahead & just checked the notifify me when this is fixed, so perhaps thats the way to vote for it, but it seems

through the way its set up, that it would't

necessarily be for voting for it. It would be nice if they made that clearer.

Thks

Rob_D