Few dumb questions:
- How are you doing the calculation?
- Is this the only file you had issues with?
- Had you checked it out in a different machine?
- Had you restarted SW or the machine to check if you still get the error?
- What is SW2014 service pack in use?
1) I am cutting the section and then going to "section properties", there it shows the value that relates to the area in in^2.
2) No. this is the second file in a row that i experience this issue. Before, it was an everyday deal. I did it all the time
3) No. I haven't checked on a different machine.
4) Yes I did this morning.
5) Service Pack 3.0
Thank you for your help!
Can you move the section plane by ±10mm and then check the section properties. This is to make sure that there is no zero geometry issue at that point of section plane.
Also will it be possible for you to share the file(s) with the issue.
I moved the section plane along its axis and nothing changes. I still get the same message:
Unable to compute section properties
The company I work for does not allow to share files on a public forum. But I just creted a new part, a simple cylinder, cut a section thru it and tried to get the seccion's area and the same message showed up. Thanks,