Attached is a part I'm working on for an assembly. I want know the best way to center the rod in the plates thru the holes, and copy it 9 times through the other holes.
Obviously, I'm new with solid works.
Any input would be appreciated.
I don't know what your final model is supposed to be but what you have so far looks like it might be better suited for an assembly rather than having multiple bodies in a part. Working in an assembly gives you more pattern options.
Take a look at my attached files. Here is a summary of the changes I made:
- I made a single part for just the plate and a separate part for the rod.
- In the plate I made all of the holes in one pattern by choosing the two different pattern directions.
- In the assembly I inserted one plate and did a linear pattern of the part.
- I inserted the rod and mated it to the first hole by mating the center axis of the rod to the centerpoint of the hole sketch. I did this for two of the plates to align the rod in the direction of the plate pattern.
- Lastly I did a Pattern Driven Component Pattern to copy the rod to every hole location. For this step to work all of the holes needed to be created with the same pattern so that is why I did step 2.
If you want clarification on anything let me know.
Thanks Jamil. I'm going to study what you gave me.
Retrieving data ...