1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2014 8:15 AM by Glenn Schroeder

Creating drawing templates in Solidworks

Denis Miller

Drawing templates - I need to create drawing templates from scratch, something I have not had to do in more than 6 years using Solidwporks. Can anyone give me some assistance/pointers? Thanks

Denis Miller

• Re: Creating drawing templates in Solidworks
          Glenn Schroeder

Welcome to the forum.  It's hard to know where to start but I'll give it a shot.

1.  Open a drawing with a current template, make the desired changes at Tools > Options > Document Properties.

2.  Make sure it's using the desired sheet format(s), which may involve editing a current sheet format and saving it if you don't already have one.  Sheet formats are a different file type from drawing templates.

3.  Save the drawing template at the location specified at Tools > Options > System Options > File Locations > Document Templates.

There is more information in this discussion, along with many others here:  https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/57204.

I know this is very general information, but your question is also very general.  If you have more specific questions I, or someone else, will be glad to help.