5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 10:34 AM by Jeff Mirisola

CSWP Practice exam

Greg Romero

Hello,

Still practicing for the exam... Now I have something weird going on with the mass of my part. On question 1 it looks I get the mass correct. On question 2 it just asks to change some dimensions, so I open up the equations and change the dimensions that it wants changed - now my mass doesn't match the answer to question 2. But the weird part is this - I change the dimensions back to how they were in question 1 and the mass no longer matches the answer to question 1...

For example, dimension A is 213 mm - I can change it to something (say 250) then back to 213, now the mass doesn't match what it was before I changed it to 250 (when it was 213 the first time). I can keep doing this and an A dimension of 213 always yields a different mass after changing it from something else.

Anybody know what is happening?

• Re: CSWP Practice exam
          JOHN GEORGE

Greg,

There may be few reasons to the error.

• Do a rebuild after every dimension change (linked dimensions)
          • Either the original sketch not contrained and linked properly or the linking dimensions might be wrong

Try to go thru the steps and still have issues, better post your work here and someone can identify the real problem

Greg Romero

Hi,

I tried rebuilding after each change with same result.

I will try creating the sketch again, and checking the constraints.

Maybe I'm not sure what it means for linking dimensions to be wrong?

Thanks,

Greg

JOHN GEORGE

Greg,

If you go thru the instructions and hints, there are certain dimensions changing for every question

Like A,B,C etc and X and Y in that sample question

See the Hint#1

Greg Romero

Hi,

Ok so I did change all dimensions A,B,C, X, and Y. I just tried on another computer, this is what's happening: I build the initial part and have correct mass for the first question (well almost, I get 14207.35 instead of 14207.34). Then, I update all dimensions (A,B,C,X,Y) for question 2, and get incorrect mass for that question. Then, I revert all dimensions back to question 1, the mass is now 13920.45 instead of 14207.35.

Now, if I change the dimensions back to what question 2 asks for (of course it's still wrong), then back to question 1 dimensions again: Instead of 14207.35 or 13920.45, now it's 13826.87. It's different every time, I don't get it.

Jeff Mirisola

Where I'm not sure if it would be prudent to post the part, why don't you email it to me and I'll see if I can replicate your issue. jrmconsulting at gee mail dot com.