3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2007 9:30 PM by 1-FO42F6

"True" Arc Length Dimensioning?

I'm having issues with getting the arc length of a line segment. I click on the two ends of the arc segment, then the arc segment itself to get the "true arc length". This seems to give me the proper arc length for a 90 degree segment, but returns odd lengths when I attempt the measurement on other arc segments.

I noticed that I had two arc segments with equal radius, but the "true arc length" measurement was different. One segment is less than 45 degrees, but returns a larger "true arc length" value than a segment which is about 180 degrees. Is the true arc length measuring what I think it should? And how do I get the arc length of the segments that I am looking for?

------------------------
      Joe Waligora
        • "True
          Anna Wood
          Joe,

Can you post the file and a screen shot of what you are seeing? Some of us can open and verify what you are seeing.

Regards,
          • "True
            SolidAir
            Joe,

Have you tried selecting the end of the arcs in the opposite order?

SA
              • "True
                I just tried to recreate the inconsistency, but the arc length seem to be working corectly now. I will save the file if I am able to recreate the error. The dimension symbols looked like they were reversed when I was getting the error, so perhaps the dimension being measured was the opposite side of the arc circle. This would make sense with the results I was getting, but I will post more when I have more information. I kept getting odd results for over an hour, so I'm sure it will pop up again.

---------------------------
                Joe Waligora