1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 3, 2014 4:49 PM by Jamil Snead

Reload Sheet Format in 2014—Possible Bug?

Michael Wade

I noticed something peculiar and wondered if it may be a bug.

If you set the option "Use different sheet format" under Document Properties\Drawing Sheets\Sheet format for new sheets in a template (.drwdot), and then add a second sheet to a drawing created by said template, SolidWorks will grey out the Reload button in the "Sheet Properties" window.  This is assuming the System Option (Drawings) "Show sheet format dialog when adding new sheet" is unchecked.  However, if the option, "Show sheet format dialog when adding new sheet," is checked, and a second sheet is added the old-fashioned way, the Reload button works as normal.

The whole purpose of setting the "Use different sheet format option" is so users don't have to go through the Sheet Properties window—it adds the second sheet automatically.  But if it should ever need to be reloaded (e.g. a company logo change in the title block), you have to do a replace sheet format rather than a reload.

Anybody else noticing this?  I'm on 2014 SP2.0 but don't know if this has been addressed.

Thanks,

• Re: Reload Sheet Format in 2014—Possible Bug?
          Jamil Snead

I was able to duplicate the issue. The reload button gets greyed out if SW thinks the format you have selected doesn't match the current format. So I guess when a different format is automatically used when adding a new sheet for some reason SW doesn't match it up that that same format when you open the Sheet Properties.

I notice that if you bring up the Sheet Properties window and click on that format (even if it's already highlighted) then click ok to go back to the sheet, if you open the Sheet Properties again the Reload button is not greyed out anymore. Maybe clicking it and hitting ok the first time actually reloaded it? You could try adding a sheet , then changing the format template, then bring up the Sheet Properties window and click on that format then click ok, see if it updates.