10 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2007 7:19 PM by scott brown

Command Manager

scott brown
      Is there a way to arrange the icons in the control area of the command manager?
        • Command Manager
          Pete Yodis
          Scott,

I think the icon order is by the order the icons were added to the command manager. You try removing all except for the 1st one, then add each one until you have the order you want.
            • Command Manager
              scott brown
              Thanks Peter
              That works.I noticed I had to do one at a time if I prefered one lower on the list then another, if that makes sense.In other words I cleared all except the one I wanted first,then closed the command manager option box, reopened it ,selected the icons in the order I wanted and they came out in the order they are on the list.
            • Command Manager
              Eddie Cyganik
              Scott,
              I have no problems changing the order of any icon in the command manger SW 2006.
              To do so, I simply select Tools - Customize and then drag and drop to create any order I desire. I have never deleted and re-added any icon to get it in the order I prefer.
              Have you tried the drag & drop method?
                • Command Manager
                  Jason Capriotti
                  Eddie, I believe they mean the top level icons on the CM....
                  Part, Assembly, Sketch, etc. Those seem to go in the order they were added to the CM.
                    • Command Manager
                      scott brown
                      Yea, that is what I am talking about.Under the help menu they call it the control area.
                        • Command Manager
                          Jason Capriotti
                          Ah...I was wondering what it was called.
                          • Command Manager
                            Eddie Cyganik
                            Sorry for the late response, I'm currently conducting SolidWorks Training classes.

I am able to reorder/move, delete & add the main icons in the command manager as I can any icons on any of the toolbars.
                            ...again, this is using SW06 SP5.0

Please note:
                            To reorder/move, delete or add any icons, you must be in "customize" mode.
                              • Command Manager
                                scott brown
                                Thanks Eddie,that works!
                                Just by having the customize dialog box open I can drag any of the icons in the control area to where I want them.I was trying to move them before by RMB on the command manager and going to customize command manager.
                                  • Command Manager
                                    Eddie Cyganik
                                    Scott & All,
                                    A couple of other notes about toolbar customization:
                                    - If you are in customization mode, you can rearrange any toolbars, including removal of icons. You do not have to be customizing any particular toolbar as this is only necessary if you are adding a specific command or icon to a specific toolbar.
                                    - Any command or icon can be added to any toolbar. As an example, I do not use the alignment tools much but I do use the "Group" command, so I took the command from alignment and added it to my annotation toolbar.
                                    Works for me,
                                      • Command Manager
                                        scott brown
                                        Excellent! I recently started using the command manager exclusively.It has taken a little getting used to but everything seems to be less cluttered.After reading your post I added all of my view icons to the standard views.This eliminated one icon from the control area.I think I'm starting to like this.Thanks
                                        Scott