4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2014 6:04 AM by Deepak Gupta

Drawing view issue

Denny Peter

Hi all

What is the issue with the drawing view, please see the attachment. Am unable to fit the drawing sheet in my machine window.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks in advance

• Re: Drawing view issue
          Denny Peter

If I RMB and select convert view to sketch option, the view is seen normal. what does this mean?

Deepak Gupta

What kind of view it is. There might be hidden entities, large size plane, a component placed at that distance or similar stuff. Basically if you want to cover the assembly in a box, this is the box with the outer size.

If I RMB and select convert view to sketch option, the view is seen normal. what does this mean?

When you do that, the view is no longer a view but has been converted to a sketch and you what you see in the view. Something similar to the option convert entities.

Denny Peter

Hi Deepak

Thans for the response, I received this drawing from my client end, this drawing was made almost 8 years back i believe. when i click on the view, it dosent show which view it is, but if search in properties it shows as "named view". And that is not a box, i have coloured in paint just as a highlighter. i believe there is no hidden entites and plane, because another view also views like the same.

Yes i know that it is converted as sketch, but what i meant is view is seen normal, not as a big one   as i see in the other one

Untitled.jpg

Deepak Gupta

Does the view you've issue is a sketched view OR made of some components. If yes then is it a detailed view; if yes then it might be showing up the complete view box. If possible can you upload files to check the issue.

Yes i know that it is converted as sketch, but what i meant is view is seen normal, not as a big one   as i see in the other one

Because it is not a view now, and when you converted it to sketch, then only visible entities (edges) are converted and not all, even if it is a detailed view. Hope than make sense.