AnsweredAssumed Answered

snapping to model reference geometry - 2014

Question asked by N. Ritchey on Jun 18, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 18, 2014 by Jeff Mirisola

i am a new user to 2014, having years of experience with 2010 and 2012. setting up my  new work computer i'm experiencing something odd that doesn't feel correct and i couldn't find any information about it on the internet.

a habit i picked up from using pro/e wildfire is to always have my datum planes visible by default -- i will turn them off manuall if i need to. so when using SW2010/2012, i've always just had my Front/Top/Right planes visible by default. this was never a problem.

now in 2014 i'm having this issue where, during sketching, my lines will ONLY snap to the planes if visible. other snaps will override this (i.e. snap to 45 degree angle, snap to coincident with an existing point), but other than that, lines will snap to the planes and nothing else.

in the options>sketch>relations/snaps if i clear "snap to model geometry" this issue does not occur. unfortunately this also removes the ability to snap to typical model reference geometry. let's face it -- snapping to planes is useful.

just wondering if this is a known issue or if there is another new 2014 setting i'm missing that will help me out. the only other workaround i have is to use my key binding to disable plane display while sketching. in other words: no visible planes while sketching.

-nsr

Outcomes