I had a workaround below:
- 1. Open windows explorer, hit alt, then click tool, folder options
- 2. In the View tab, make sure hide file extensions is unchecked and close the window
- 3. On the desktop, tight click and create a new text document, but change the filename INCLUDING the extension to sales.bat
- 4. Right click on the batch file and edit it
- 5. Enter the following line of text, replacing C:\Sales with the target:
- 6. Save and close the batch file
- 7. Test it by double clicking on it
- 8. Drag it into the vault and check it in
- 9. Test it by double clicking on it
Hope it helps
Prasad, Thank you for the effort! I did also try this method earlier and for the time being, this is the "best" way to archive the link to outside folder.
Not very robust for users.. and administrative "hell", but gets the job done.