0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 11:49 AM by William Hallman

How to use macros and MS WORD?

William Hallman

KANBAN CARD FRONT.JPGIn our company I have been tasked with making Kan Ban cards for our new lean approach to manufacturing. We have used these for a while but they were very rudimentary. For the cards that are used in the parts fab. area I put simple prints on the back with only the bare min. info needed to make the part. on the front it has part #, description, material needed, bar code for V.E. inventory and any special notes like where the plasma file is located or the Trumpf program name.

On 90% of the parts I am also converting the prints from ACAD to Solidworks. So since I am already modeling the part either as new, or importing the DXF from the plasma or the Trumpf I fill in my custom properties as I make it, then I make the simple print on a 4" X 6" format sheet that is the back of the card, Then I open Word and fill in all the same info again to fill in most of the front of the card, then save 3 different documents/files for each card.

I would appreciate any help I can get, I have no clue how to do macros yet, it is on my list of things to learn but have not got there yet.

Billy Hallman

Oliver Manufacturing Co.

KANBAN PROPERTIES.JPGKANBAN CARD REAR.JPG