AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to cope with multiple cavities in one assembly in FloXpress

Question asked by Simon Bates on Jun 12, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 13, 2014 by Jared Conway

I have an assembly that has multiple cavities and need to select which cavity should be analysed by FloXpress. Is this possible ?

Using the image shown (file attached as I don't think the image is visible in this post): The upper flange is blanked and what I want to be the inlet. The bottom angled flange is open. The bottom flat flange is blanked and what I want to be the outlet. The straight tube between the two blanking flanges is the volume I want to show balls flowing through.

The problem is the D-shaped cavity to the right of the centre of the tube. This cavity is a part of the central round 'drum' component and is selected by FloXpress automatically. If I add a hole to this cavity then FloXpress automatically chooses another cavity in the assembly (not visible in this cross section). Do I have to keep putting holes in automatically selected cavities until the one I want is the only one left, or am I missing something ? How does FloXpress choose which cavity to analyse when multiple cavities are present ?

Thanks.

Attachments

Outcomes