3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2014 3:47 PM by Jared Conway

SW 2013 Student Edition Flow Simulation Add-In Failure

Matt Meister

I have been having some trouble activating the Flow Simulation in my student edition (downloaded from the Groegia Tech software distribution) of SW 2013 SP4. When I go into Tools>Add-Ins then click on Flow Simulation, nothing seems to happen. I have tried the other Add-Ins that come in the student version and those don't work as well. I unstalled and reinstalled and it still wont work. I was able to use the Flow Simulation while I was using SW 2012 (student edition) and for some reason I'm habing trouble with 2013.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

• Re: SW 2013 Student Edition Flow Simulation Add-In Failure
          Jared Conway

there are multiple versions of the student edition, only some have flow simulation

have you spoken to your professor about whether it should be part of your license?

when you check the activation under help, does it show flow simulation?

it would be weird that flow is in the list but you don't have it, but if you chose it during install, it would have installed manually

the other thing is that when you enable flow, unless you have a file open, it will look like nothing happened

• Re: SW 2013 Student Edition Flow Simulation Add-In Failure
              Matt Meister

Jared Conway wrote:

there are multiple versions of the student edition, only some have flow simulation

have you spoken to your professor about whether it should be part of your license?

when you check the activation under help, does it show flow simulation?

it would be weird that flow is in the list but you don't have it, but if you chose it during install, it would have installed manually

the other thing is that when you enable flow, unless you have a file open, it will look like nothing happened

- I went to the GT software people and they didn't have a clue.

- I will try that this afternoon.

- When I reinstalled SW, Flow Simulation was checked and did install. I even have the Flow Simulation folder in the Program Files

- I tried in both a part and assembly file and nothing changed.

The part about the whole thing that seems strange to me is I was/still am able to use the flow simulation in SW 2012 on the same machine.