Direct Hire position for a Product Engineer with Solidworks experience. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensures the completion of engineering projects on time and on budget with limited guidance from senior engineering personnel and/or manage projects as the project manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Task related guidance will be provided by senior level personnel who are leading projects, or a detailed project scope will be provided and assigned as a project to lead and manage
- Read and interpret complex electrical, hydraulic and mechanical drawings, schematics, technical bulletins and government regulations
- Utilize LEAN methodology in new product design including 7 ways, better 3, fishbone diagrams, process-at-a-glance and concept evaluations
- Conceptualize and produce complex layouts on CAD using GD&T techniques, guide lower level engineering personnel in the creation of detailed drawings
- Lead in the design, testing and performance validation of prototypes which includes internal lab testing as well as external field testing
- Complete and maintain all required reports such as engineering reports, test reports and development plans generated from FMEA
- Ensure new designs meet or exceed company/customer standards for safety, quality, performance, reliability, manufacturability and cost
- Validate product pre-launch and post launch performance as compared to customer requirements
- Enter, check and maintain complex BOMs, complete complex ECNs, coordinate changes with affected departments
- Assist in creating product literature including owners manuals, parts lists, installation instructions and mechanics guides where necessary
- Provide engineering expertise in cross functional teams to ensure the ongoing improvement of product quality, error proofing processes and productivity while reducing cost
- Act as a technical resource to manufacturing on issues and assist in the root cause / corrective action [RC/CA] of production anomalies
- Act as a technical resource to Global Sourcing and Supply to determine highest quality purchased components for the best cost by maintaining and enhancing product specification documents to allow for seamless supplier changes
- Participate in Kaizen / 3P events
- Maintain 5S culture
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- B.S. in ME, MET, EE, EET or AgE , 3-7 years experience. Preferred experience with: DFMEA, PMFEA, PPAP, RC/CA, VOC, HOQ
Speak and hear or communicate effectively with other employees at all locations. Communicate effectively on: complex issues, specifications with vendors, technical issues with customers and other employees. Must be a team player.
Metal fabrication, welding, hands-on mechanical aptitude. Ability to safely and effectively operate common hand, power, and machine tools to produce prototype parts to specifications. Familiarity with manufacturing processes and materials including plastics. Diagnostics of electrical and hydraulics systems. Must have project management experience and ability.
Working knowledge of Solidworks, Cosmos, Autocad, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint. Experience using data acquisition equipment desirable.
Apply concepts of probability, statistical inference, trigonometry, and complex concepts of algebra and geometry. Understanding of advanced math, calculus, advanced graphing and charting, logarithmic.
Solve practical problems and understand technical problems involving known variables in non-standard situations.