6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2014 12:22 AM by David Kruger

Help with my simulation

David Kruger

I have run this simulation several times and get different errors every time. I correct it and then a new one comes up. Can someone please help me or try running my simulation to see if it runs for you with no errors? If you do decide to run it yourself please let me know what you did to run it because ive been at this for days and cant get it to run. I have checked for intereference, corrected the bonding errors, and got it to successfully mesh. If you have trouble meshing it, simply remesh the parts that fail and you should be able to mesh everything. The study number is Study 2. Please comment if you have trouble with the files or if one is missing.

• Re: Help with my simulation
          David Kruger

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ive been at this for hours.

Jared Conway

what is the goal of the analysis?

can you describe how it should be setup or what you are trying to test and what kinds of outputs you're looking to get out of it

it might also be helpful to elaborate on the errors you're running into and your experience level with simulation

David Kruger

I am trying to run stress analysis on this wing to see what the displacement at the tip will be under the wing loading at cruise. I am hoping to change the main spar I beam cross section until I get a displacement I am confortable with (probably around 2 to 3 feet). I have got several different errors. I have been given the error preconditioning failed due to fixtures. I have had it just fail due to numerical difficulties. Recently I got it to work all the way through the analysis but some of the bondings will not be considered in the final result. As in the main spar will be bonded to the trailing edge of the ribs but not the leading edge. Or it has run and a couple of the stringers stay in their original spots and dont deform with the rest of the wing. My simulation level is beginner approaching intermediate. I can run analysis on all the parts individually but not once put together.