1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2014 12:10 PM by Deepak Gupta

Exporting toolbox configurations to Excel

Dennis Shupp

I'm currently trying to update our toolbox part numbers and description to a company default values system, when I export the configuration to excel format for editing, it seems to cap of at 32000 rows in excel. I know I have around 64000 configurations of one screw due to having custom properties assigned (material and Finish) this information is required for our purchasing department. Is there something I'm going wrong or do I have to do some kind of work around, like turning off certain sizes and combining the excel sheets before importing them with all 64000 configurations turned on.

Thank you and Have A Nice Day

• Re: Exporting toolbox configurations to Excel
          Deepak Gupta

Welcome to SOLIDWORKS forums Dennis.

I know I have around 64000 configurations of one screw due to having custom properties assigned (material and Finish)

That is a huge one and too much heavy file. If you put few of them in an assembly, the performance is going down for sure (not sure how you're using it).

Not sure if this is a SW limitation OR Excel's.So as you've already said, you need to export the data as several files and combine them. You may want to check with your VAR/Reseller about it.

You might also find this post helpful for your future reference.