I use Solidworks 2014 Flow Simulation SP3. I need to improve my CFD analysis about airfoils. Please let me explain what I do first.
- Switch to CGS units
- Maximize resolutions in Image quality settings
- I grab an airfoil data from web. Import curve with "Curve thorugh XYZ"
- Using front plane, I create the an entity
- I scale entity to a value ( 6cm for this project )
- I rotate entity for 3 degree angle of attack
- I use extrude boss/base to make the span 60 cm ( blind )
- I use flow simulation wizard tool
- Change m/s to km/h
- External analysis, ref axis X, everything else unchecked
- Laminar/Turbelent Air with Humidity
- Adiabatic Wall, 0 microns
- Pressure/temperature 101325 Pa 293.2 K, 3D Vector Velocity, X direction 85 km/h, %10 humidity, everything else default
- Resolution 8, only optimize thin walls resolution checked ( I change initial mesh later )
This is my computational 2D domain, Z is full span length ( 60cm )
I make the airfoil face a real wall ( Boundry Conditions )
Force X ( Drag ) and Force Y ( Lift ) selected as global goals with "Use for convergence control"
I click solve. It takes some time because my workstation is not very powerful. This is how I calculate lift and drag. I don't know why but I get low lift and drag values, about %20 of expected. I will appreciate any help to improve the results. Thanks.