Not sure what you mean, there should be nothing restricting you from copying the files off of the drive.
I think you should consider checking the files out before making the copy so you know that they aren't being modified while they are off-line.
You are correct; however, it's copying the files back into the vault that I have trouble with. I would like to checkout the files, bring them home to work on, bring them back to overwrite the oldfiles in the vault, and then check them back in.
When I attempt to overwrite files in the vault, I get an error message that reads "Paste the selected items with the same name "XXXXX" is not supported!"
I think the issue is copying files that are off-line, and then trying to overwrite them while they are still off-line. If I remain in on-line mode, the files can be overwritten.
Thank you for your help.
Jeff is right plus there is no need to use offline mode in this case.
Here's the process:
- Check out the files and leave them checked out
- Copy the files to the thumb drive
- Take home & work on them
- Bring the updated files back to work on the thumb drive
- While the original files are checked out, copy them from the thumb drive back into the vault, thus overwritting them
- Check the files back into EPDM creating a new version
Hope this helps