1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 3, 2014 8:44 PM by Jared Conway

Linear Dynamic Study - Response

Sam Saragi

Hi,

I'm looking into finding the max stress of a part within a Linear Dynamic study. The part is an angle bracket with a gusset. One side is fixed with the other carrying a 10kg load at its end. The part under goes a 1g excitation load in the vertical direction.

When the analysis is run, a stress plot is created. The plot demonstrates a max stress value. However, when I use the probe at this max stress location, the response at its natural frequencies appear much higher than the initial value given at the stress plot.

Can anyone help me understand this - I need to find the max stress in the part at all frequencies, not just the one found on the stress plot or the max at any point selected?

• Re: Linear Dynamic Study - Response
          Jared Conway

you're going to need to provide some dditional input

lets start with this

is this a harmonic analysis?

what is the workflow that you're following

can you post some pictures of what you're talkinga bout

and describe your setup

the reason i say this is that if you're doing a time history analysis, the output is the results over time, as a combination of th eresponse from all frequencies. if you want the max, use an envelope plot.

if you're doing harmonic analysis, the output is the max at each frequency baesd on the combination of all the frequencies response.

it sounds like things are workign as expected but that you may not be tuned into how linear dynamic works. the help and training cover it well if you need a refresher