3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2014 2:48 PM by Erik Bilello

Drawings gone crazy

Roger Ikonen

Ok, This is a first for me and this is going to cost me many hours to fix but I have a drawing file with 15 sheets and a seperate detail attached to each sheet. I had a change come through on one  component so I went the sheet containing that model, selected a view and used replace model and selected the updated model (imported from ProE) Well that worked fine EXCEPT EVERY print updated to that model. Did I not use the function correctly?

drawing.JPG

• Re: Drawings gone crazy
          Glenn Schroeder

I haven't used that function yet, but I'm guessing you had this box checked:

replace all views.png

Roger Ikonen

I did, thinking that meant all views on that sheet not all views throughout the file. I am replacing the correct component with each sheet now and finding some of the dimensions reassociate to where they are supposed to but most do not. Still going to take some time to fix but all hope is not lost. A Learning moment.

Erik Bilello

Roger,

Am I correct in guessing that you don't have Backup/Recover (in System Options) turned on?  My first action would have been to open a backup copy from before the model replace was made, and then redo it with the "All Views" unchecked.  I'ts not a substitute for a good remote backup system, but having a backup copy or two of current work on the local drive has saved me from a lot of grief over the years.  The usefulness of Auto-recover is more debatable, but I've never seen a downside to having Backup turned on.