14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2018 1:23 PM by Tom Gagnon

Can I suppress a drawing sheet

Kerry Lenort

We allow access of our Solidworks drawings for viewing on the mfg floor using edrawings. Can I limit what sheets they are allowed to view in a multi-sheet drawing? Can I suppress an entire drawing sheet?

• Re: Can I suppress a drawing sheet
          Deepak Gupta

No there is no option like that. The best might be create edrawings/PDF with required sheet(s) and put them in a folder for which they've access to.

Matthew Lorono

Kerry, do you want to limit the access within SolidWorks itself, or just within the eDrawings file (perhaps controlled by a setting in SolidWorks when saving the file as eDrawings or when opening the native file in eDrawings)?

Tom Gagnon

I'd like to note that this old SPR is still valuable to users. AFAIK, it is not resolved or solved. You cannot currently suppress sheets. Ref. user installation 2016 SP5 currently. More current users may disagree, but I don't think this has been implemented.

I'd like to perpetuate a drawing with all needed views in place, to Replace Model with an incomplete model which only contains information presented on sheets 1 and 2, of 3. I would like to suppress Sheet3 in its initial revision, so they receive a 2-sheet Rev 0, and once further details are worked out, then unsuppress and dimension Sheet3 to create a 3-sheet Rev A.

Currently, I am deleting the sheet instead and knowing that I will have to recreate it later.

Glenn Schroeder

Tom Gagnon wrote:

I'd like to note that this old SPR is still valuable to users. AFAIK, it is not resolved or solved. You cannot currently suppress sheets. Ref. user installation 2016 SP5 currently. More current users may disagree, but I don't think this has been implemented.

I'd like to perpetuate a drawing with all needed views in place, to Replace Model with an incomplete model which only contains information presented on sheets 1 and 2, of 3. I would like to suppress Sheet3 in its initial revision, so they receive a 2-sheet Rev 0, and once further details are worked out, then unsuppress and dimension Sheet3 to create a 3-sheet Rev A.

Currently, I am deleting the sheet instead and knowing that I will have to recreate it later.

Tom,

With all due respect, are you really recreating the deleted sheet instead of just saving the drawing to a new name before deleting the sheet so you still have the original with all sheets?

Glenn

Dan Pihlaja

Tom Gagnon wrote:

If you are saving as a PDF, then you can decide which sheets actually make it to the PDF.  So, you could send the first 2 sheets to the PDF, then later recreate the PDF with the 3rd sheet.

Chris Saller

Use layers, turn them on/off.