8 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2014 3:34 PM by Isaac Davie

Inserting Pictures

Isaac Davie

hey,

is there a way to insert a picture into a drawing faster then going insert>picture?

i have tried to use the design library but it will not accept it

it is my approved stamp that i want to be able to click and drag in or something

the stamp is in a .png format

Thanks,

Isaac

• Re: Inserting Pictures
          Glenn Schroeder

You could have a seperate sheet format with this stamp.  Then just change sheet formats instead of Insert > Picture, then browsing to it and sizing it each time.

Isaac Davie

thank you for the help,

only thing is we change locations of the stamp and we also change the size of it by small amounts to fit on the drawing

Jamil Snead

Is your problem that you don't want to click on insert>picture, or is your problem that you don't want to have to browse for the file?

If you just don't want to click insert>picture you could set up a keyboard shortcut to run that command.

Isaac Davie

to be honest it is both, right now we have to insert>picture and then resize and place

i was just wondering if there was a faster way of doing that command

for example i love the design library because i can click on a note and drag it in

after 50 - 100 drawings in a package to be stamped approved it takes a far amount of time

Jamil Snead

You could include the picture in the drawing template and move it off the sheet, then just move it where you want when it is time for approval. If having it there would cause confusion you could also set it to full transparency to make it invisible until you want it shown. But having it off the sheet would mess up zoom to fit, and having it on the sheet could get in the way of other stuff. You could make it really small and have it in the very corner of the sheet and transparent until you want to use the stamp. I know it's far from ideal but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

I don't know how complicated the image is but another option would be to try to draw the stamp in a sketch with fills and such, and then make a block out of it. You can keep blocks in the design library.

Isaac Davie

ok guys, thanks for the help. i guess i was just wondering if there was a easy way that was just eluding me

its really to bad the design library does not do more than just sw blocks

Jamil Snead

I just tried recording a macro and that seems to work. I don't know how familiar you are with macros but recording them is easy. Open up any drawing, then go to Tools>Macro>Record. Then do the Insert>Picture and choose the pic to insert. Then press the stop button on the macro toolbar and save the macro somewhere.

To set up a a keyboard shortcut for it go to Tools>Customize and pick the Keyboard tab, then under Category choose Macros, then pick New Macro Button. You can browse for the macro you just recorded, and I don't know what the other fields in the Customize Macro Button window are. But once you pic the macro and hit OK then you can assign the shortcut.

The macro could probably be edited to move the image to a certain starting position and scale but it didn't record that on its own when I tried.