7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2014 8:07 AM by Alan Sweetenham

Pack n go really slow

Andrew Guitar

Does anyone know why pack n go is SO SLOW when the "include drawings" box is checked?

Thanks

Guitarman

• Re: Pack n go really slow
          Jerry Steiger

Andrew,

I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed on the forums, so you might try searching to see if you can find the threads. As I recall, it has to do with searching more places to find the drawings.

Jerry S.

Kelvin Lamport

Are the drawings named the same as the parts & assys, and are they stored in the same folder?

Parts & assys do not keep track of which drawings they appear on, and if the drawings are not named the same, then every drawing has to be searched to discover whether the parts & assys being P&G'd are being referenced.

I believe SW will search the active folder first but if the drawings are not contained within, all the folders listed in the Search Path will be scanned for references.

Roland Schwarz

Slow?  Or Stuck?

If you have the menu in "flat view", then P&G can hang and crash while searching for drawings.  Keep P&G in "nested view" until drawings are found.

Andrew Guitar

Roland

I've tried both ways...always very slow. I think this has really been an issue in the last few releases of SW. I don't think it was an issue in 2012

Alan Sweetenham

hmmm have you got any where used options set?  pretty sure the ‘Find Drawings’  of Pack and Go uses  a ‘Where Used’ search.  Have you added anything to the References/Where Used folder list within the SolidWorks Explorer options.  (SolidWorks Explorer Options > References/Where Used > File Locations > add folder paths).

**edit** I would try removing any temporarily to see if that improves matters, otherwise it will keep searching.

Also worth checking and temporarily removing anything in SolidWorks -> Tools-> Options -> File Locations-> Refrerenced Dcouments and  SolidWorks -> Tools-> Options -> File Locations-> Search Paths if you haven't already.

Message was edited by: Alan Sweetenham