I have got a 2D sketch of a coil profile
My target is to have this coil profile in a 3D sketch, copied around 6 times around the vertical axis at 0,0,0, at a distance of 32 mm.
What is the quickest way to do this.
In KeyCreator I simply draw the profile at the depth of 32 mm, then copy rotate it around the vertical Z-axis. Done.
One simple command: Xform, copy rotate 6x at 60° <Enter>
In SolidWorks I have now spend hours and hours trying to find a simple,quick way by
- copying sketches (Ctrl C; Ctrl V) and changing planes,
- creating rotated planes > sketches rotate randomly
- creating a hexigon solid and using the outside planes > planes rotate
- trying to make blocks of the wire coil and see if I can copy these around > same problem
- select the chained coil first, then use
Problem is that rotate only moves a profile. It does not copy. Copy shows only translate which I do not want.
Anybody who can show a simple way to do this please.