AnsweredAssumed Answered

Thermal analysis execution problem

Question asked by Allan Douglas Santos Silva on May 17, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 2, 2014 by Jared Conway

Hi There.

I'm trying to perform a transciente analysis in a system with concentric cylinders and with a heat power at the center of the system. But the software could never finish the analysis; always appears an issue, like the error mensage: Status code 9999 PCGLS_FATAL. Or something like: the Diagonal coefficient matrix is zero.And further something like: the results not converged after 1000 iterations.

Beyond that the analysis  take too long time. The program takes sometimes 24 hours to calculate the view factor and after he spends hours to make one iteraction. It happens that at the interactions the solidworks fails to converge the results; most of the time he could not even pass the first iteration.

This is analysis are par of a  research project; it is very important realize them in the next weeks. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Above is the link of a zip archive of all the parts of the model. There are several   simulations in the model, from the more simplified model to the more complete.At the zip archive are atached also the curve of ambient temperature and heat power, beyond of specific heat of Aluminium.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/54ly8zcsovkm9eh/C%C3%B3pia_ensaio%20t%C3%A9rmico-zip.zip

From already thank you

PS: I'm Brazilin, so sorry for my english.

Outcomes