5 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2014 1:21 PM by Jamil Snead

Section View Orientation

Dan Cip

In Solid 2013 I can create the section view just in the shape I want it, but the view comes out at an angle (parallel to the first line i've drawn) but i want it to be parallel to the vertical line. How can I do that?

• Re: Section View Orientation
          Jamil Snead

In my quick test I have determined that the order you click the line segments MIGHT affect which direction it comes off. But of course it isn't as simple as something like the direction is perpendicular to the last line selected. So for starters try selecting the line segments in different orders when you create the section view and see if you can get lucky and have it come off in the direction you want.

Edit: after a little bit more playing around I fear it may always come perpendicular to one of the end line segments. You could try adding a small vertical section at the top or bottom and see if that does it too. It just might look funny. Actually if you add a vertical line to the top AND bottom that would probably guarantee it to come off horizontal, and I don't think it would look that bad because then the arrows would be parallel too.

Glenn Schroeder

Welcome to the forum.  I don't use that type of section view, but I believe you could rotate the parent view to get it aligned properly, if that's an option.

Dan Cip

Jamil, you are right, i've just made the last line vertical and the model just go where I want it.

That's a shame because in SW2012 and prior you could select where the section view would go about.

sectionview.png