6 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 4:28 PM by Arie Van Gelderen

Custom Columns in the state change dialogue box

Robert Pugh

Hello, I'm wondering if it's possible to add a custom column in the dialog box that comes up when you perform a state change.  In particular, I want to add a column that is driven by an EPDM variable (in my case, description)

Thanks for the help

Robert

• Re: Custom Columns in the state change dialogue box
          Michael Dekoning

In 2014 you can add columns in Check In, Check Out, Undo Checkout, and Copy Tree dialog boxes, but not Change State.

Arie Van Gelderen

SPR #: 631465

Product: Enterprise PDM

Fixed in: none none

Area: Enterprise PDM

Sub-Area: EntPDM Administration

Customer Impact: High

Enhancement: Yes

Summary: Modify the visible columns on the Change state windows

Technical Comments:

Arie

Robert Pugh

Hello Arie.  I'm a little new to this.  Is your post saying that this issue has been raised in the past and an SPR has been issued?  Does this mean that it's on the developers 'To Do' list and we should see this as added functionality in future releases?

Thanks

Arie Van Gelderen

Somebody already reported this issue in the past. Solidworks created an SPR for this. But this does not mean that Solidworks is working on it. It is classified as an enhancement request (Enhancement: Yes). That means that somewhere in the future this issue may be addressed (depending on the customer impact and the number of votes).

For more information, read this standard reply from Solidworks:

Enhancement requests are carefully reviewed by members of our Product Definition team. Once it is reviewed by Product Definition, the status of the Enhancement Request will be set to “Closed” indicating that the Enhancement Request has been reviewed and the appropriate action has been taken by Product Definition. Unless the enhancement request has been addressed in a shipping version of the product, your request will be associated with a Software Performance Report (or SPR). Associating your enhancement request with an SPR allows other users to find and vote for your request through the enhancement request search. Also, SPR’s are evaluated by our development team for inclusion in a future release by taking into account such factors as the number of customer votes and the customer value of the enhancement. You can check on the status of this Enhancement Request as well as the status of any SPR’s associated to this Enhancement Request by clicking on the “My ERs (Enhancement Requests)” link in your SolidWorks Customer Portal account.

So if you want to speed up the proces, vote for this SPR or have your VAR attach your company to it.

Arie

Jeremy Feist

essentially yes, to all but the last. they prioritize partially based on the number of requests for particular enhancement. so to help get it sooner, contact your VAR and have them add you to the list of people waiting for this to happen.