1 Reply Latest reply on May 14, 2014 1:19 PM by Deepak Gupta

scaling a block to make a split part

Leo Dolan

Could anybody let me know how to stretch blocks to specific sizes or add relations to them so that they can be used in different drawings in the same shape, but in different sizes not affecting the original block/split.

I am trying to put in the same shaped split into a lot of different sized rings to split them into sepperate parts but cannot find out how to scale or drag the size of the block in the sketch without adjusting the original block.

All I need to do is essentially be able to add a coincident relationship to a point on each side of the block so that it will stretch to fit.

hopefully somebody will be able to tell me what is going on. I have attatched the files. I have sucessfull split ring 1 with the block but cant fit it on other rings sucessfully. I have also tried doing it with a copy and pasted sketch that is defined apart from the final two points but when I add the relationships it over defines the sketch (ring 3). This is killing me any help on either of the problems would be a lifesaver!