3 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2014 7:58 AM by Michael Voysey

Right click < show hidden lines

Michael Voysey

I'm having some trouble with SolidWorks and I was wondering if anyone has come across this problem and had a work around for it:

This is what I used to be able to do:

When editing a part you can select to choose to show hidden sketches or hide them

When in an assembly you can select the sketch within a part and choose to show or hide sketches (contained within the part)

That's all fine up until today when I try and do this from an assembly it won't show the sketch I want to display, but it works when I load the part independently from the assembly

I have found this on the forum:

https://forum.solidworks.com/message/331385

I am using SolidWorks Student Edition 2013-2014

• Re: Right click < show hidden lines
          Glenn Schroeder

In your assembly, click the drop-dwon arrow beside the eyeglasses icon on your heads-up display.  Sketches may be un-selected.

show sketch heads-up.png

• Re: Right click < show hidden lines
              Michael Voysey

I hadn't tried that but still no luck, It is only showing two items to select, see image below:

hidden_01.png

Things I have tried to show the make visible:

Selecting the main project item

Tried selecting the part

Tried selecting the sketch I want to show

Still no joy

Just a bit more details, when I first load the assembly it loads each sub part as light weight, but I set them to resolved (don't know if that is going to be performance related only). But I have tried both in light weight mode and resolved still no luck (that include setting all other parts to light weight just leaving the desired one resolved)