I've got some problem using "scan to 3d" tool tring to work with quite complex STL file.
I have an organic scan (rich of details ... around 100.000 meshes) and otfen the "scan to 3D" tool make crash solidworks no matter what. Here I explain what I do step by step:
- open the mesh
- run mesh preparation wizard
- I remove noise as possible
- I simplify the surface reducing the number of meshes. My mesh has 600.000 poligons and I decreese this numer to 100.000
- I tried smoothing the surface (it doesnt change anything... it crash anyway)
- I fill holes
- I lunch surface Wizard
- I run "automatic cration" ("guided cration" can't works... too many details )
- I select the minimum surface detail and ask for preview.......than after 10 minutes of calculation solidworks crash!
I understand that big amount of detail could ask a lot of time for computation.. but didn't expected software crash.
Is that 50.000-100.000 surfaces to big for solidworks?
do exist some triks to use "Scan to 3D"?