2 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2014 2:29 PM by Aaron Fishman

Retriving Cosmetic Thread Settings via API

Aaron Fishman

Hi All,

Does anyone know a way to retrieve cosmetic thread settings; such as the Standard, Type and Size via the API? The CosmeticThreadFeatureData object appears to only give Callout, Blind Depth and Diameter fields.

Kind Regards,

Aaron

• Re: Retriving Cosmetic Thread Settings via API
          Abhay Kharade

There is no any direct methods available in ICosmeticThreadFeatureData Interface for retriving the Standard, FastenerType and Fastener size. But with using FastenerSize Property (IWizardHoleFeatureData2) , FastenerType2 Property (IWizardHoleFeatureData2) and Standard2 Property (IWizardHoleFeatureData2) you can retrive the fastener size, fastener type and design standard of Hole Wizard feature.

• Re: Retriving Cosmetic Thread Settings via API
              Aaron Fishman

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your reply!

I am trying extract the standard, and other related information, regardless of how the user inputs the thread into the model (i.e. via the 'Hole Wizard' or the 'Cosmetic Thread' annotation).

Additional cosmetic thread information (standard, type and size) is clearly saved within the solidworks file, since I can go to 'edit feature' on the cosmetic thread in the feature tree to retrieve my settings. Via the API, I can get the size and the type from parsing the callout but unfortunately cannot find a way to extract the standard. Hopefully this will be available in a future release!

Best,

Aaron