5 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2014 6:45 AM by Bradley Vukich

WYSIWYG Drawings

John Sutherland

I have previously complained about the impossibility of making a drawing which shows exactly what I see on the model screen.

I was employing SW SOP for Section views.  I think now that Boxer has a superior technique, but his detailed tutorial masks its simplicity.

Here is my take on it:-

Name the default configuration Full view.
      Add a configuration and cut-extrude to remove material, optionally make features transparent or hidden to see around corners.  Name this Section view.
      Roll the view to optimise visibility of key features, and add appearances.
      Make drawing of current model view.  Switch between Full and Section configurations if you wish.
      Add dimensions and notes to drawing.

Also of use for non standard view orientations is a standard SW tool which I had never heard of or noticed in the Drawing View toolbar.

3D Drawing View Mode allows views to be rolled in the drawing view (separately from the model view) to optimise visibility of key features.

3dDrawingView.png

The usefulness of these techniques depends on what you are modelling.  It enables me to create a presentation paper image which is as effective as a video fly-through.